Natural Cold & Flu Busters: Is Chicken Soup Good for the Cold? Elixir Recipe & More!
Natural Cold & Flu Busters: Chicken Soup & Elixir Recipe & More!
Cold and flu season is upon us. Time to arm yourself with the right natural remedies for your sore throat and stuffy nose!
Some of the best remedies can be found right in your kitchen! In addition to keeping Vitamin C, Echinacea, and zinc on hand, here are some excellent flu busters for the common cold that will strengthen your immune system and help to ward off sickness naturally.
SOOTHING COLD ELIXIR
Every ingredient in this homemade cold remedy is full of restorative nutrients. And every ingredient is delicious.
- 2 organic lemons
- 2-4 tbsp fresh chopped ginger
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- Raw or unpasteurized, local honey to cover ingredients
Start by cutting up 2 organic lemons and placing them in a mason jar.
Add approximately 2-4 tbsp chopped fresh ginger and 3-4 cinnamon sticks.
Pour in raw enzyme rich, local honey to fill the jar and give it all a good stir.
Together, this cold-busting combination is not only delicious but has incredible anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-microbial properties, while boosting immunity and soothing any cough or sore throat.
A jar full of cold comfort can now sit in your refrigerator all throughout the cold season.
Scoop 1-3 tbsp into hot water and drink like a tea or simply enjoy a spoonful to help soothe a sore throat.
Homemade Kale, Chicken and Lentil Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 4 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup sprouted dry lentils
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion, carrot, and garlic. Cook, covered, for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are nearly tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, lentils, bay leaves and dried basil to vegetable mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in kale, salt and black pepper. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and tomato. Simmer, covered, for 5-10 min more or until kale and lentils are tender.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Take a look at our “Cold & Flu Busters” video for even more tips!
[youtube_video] o3R9DkJA-To [/youtube_video]
Leave a Comment