February 25th is National Chili Day, and Nature’s Emporium wants to help you celebrate! Chilli can be packed with various nutrients and a delicious, warming food to reach during the colder months.
Chillis usually contain chillies, peppers and beans – all excellent sources of fibre. Fibre works to boost your metabolism, slows the rate at which sugar is absorbed in your body, and supports your heart’s health.
Our tasty Three Bean Vegan Chilli can be made at home. Suppose you aren’t in the mood for cooking this February 28th or prefer to have meat in your chilli. In that case, Nature’s Emporium also sells a pre-made turkey chilli that will be sure to hit the spot!
Three Bean Chilli
- 1 can red kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1 pack plant-based ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 large garlic gloves minced
- 3 large celery stalks diced
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp sea salt to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 L Vegetable Broth low-sodium
- Sauté the onions, garlic, celery, carrot and plant-based ground beef in olive oil for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 25-30 minutes mostly covered by a lid. Stir frequently.
- Enjoy on its own or with a wedge of homemade cornbread.
More from #ThrivingWithNatures
The Canada Food Price Report was recently released, and it…Read More