Discover 10 incredible ways to help keep cancer at bay with the wonderful health-promoting qualities of Flax Seed!
If you receive our newsletter, you’ll know that April is Cancer Prevention Month.
In our 5 Healthy Tips for April, we discussed how adding Omega 3 oils to your diet can be an effective way to lower your risk of developing Breast Cancer.
Flax Seed is high in Omega 3 and can be integrated into your diet very easily. Here are 10 ways our nutrition team recommends adding Flax Seed to your diet.
10 ways to use Flaxseed in your diet:
- Sprinkle ground flaxseed on your morning fruit, cereal, or yogurt.
- Add 2 tbsp ground flaxseed to your morning smoothie
- Add 1 tbsp ground flax to your green salad
- Sprinkle ground flax seed on your steamed vegetables for a nutty flavor
- Make salad dressing with flax oil
- Add ground flaxseed to your muffin mixes or cookie dough
- Add ground flax to granola
- Make a delicious snack with fruit salad, cottage cheese or yogurt, ground flaxseeds, maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Make flax “eggs” and use in baking. Mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water for each egg. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken before using.
- Add ½ cup ground flax to meatloaf
Nature Makes it Simple!
We hope that you enjoy – and invite you to share your favourite ways to integrate Flax Seeds into your diet in the comments down below!