Bahar Mahmoudi is an International Pharmacy Graduate and Natural Health Practitioner
There are health conditions that only affect men, such as Male Menopause – Andropause.
The Facts on Andropause or Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome (TDS)
Testosterone is the hormone responsible for deep voices, muscle mass, and facial and body hair patterns found in males. As men get older, the level of testosterone in the body and production of sperm gradually becomes lower, and they experience physical and psychological symptoms as a result of these low levels. This is part of the natural aging process and it is estimated that testosterone decreases about 10% every decade after men reach the age of 30.
Andropause is a condition that is associated with the decrease in the male hormone testosterone. It is unlike menopause in that the decrease in testosterone and the development of symptoms is more gradual than what occurs in women. Approximately 30% of men in their 50s will experience symptoms of andropause caused by low testosterone levels. A person experiencing andropause may have a number of symptoms related to the condition and could be at risk of other serious health conditions such as osteoporosis without proper treatment.
Symptoms and Complications of Andropause
- low sex drive
- difficulties getting erections or erections that are not as strong as usual
- lack of energy
- irritability and mood swings
- loss of strength or muscle mass
- increased body fat
- hot flashes
- Irritable Male Syndrome
- Weight gain
- Sleep apnea
- Memory loss
- Hair Loss
- Hot Flashes
- Muscle loss
- Night Sweats in men
- Gynecomastia (male breasts)
you should know that andropause is fairly common and chances of getting it increase the older you get. At 40-49 years of age, about 5% of men have it. From 50-59 it jumps to 40% of the men population. If you are 60-69 years of age your likelihood is in 45% range. From 70-79 it affects about 70%. and when you are over 80 about 95% of men have it.
Natural Treatments for Andropause:
- Horny goat weed: This has a long history of use in treating erectile problems in men. Horny goat weed dilates the blood vessels supplying the sexual organs and brain, increasing circulation to these areas. horny goat weed also stimulates the liver to produce testosterone by increasing the levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine. Because it also increases circulation to the brain, horny goat is used to treat memory lapse and concentration problems.
- Maca root: This can be named “Peruvian ginseng”. Typically also referred to as King’s Herb” Maca is definitely working and subsequently persons are additionally comparing it to Viagra. The root can assist combat impotence in males. It can enhance a person’s stamina, in addition to enhance his total energy. This root can help balance such male sex hormones astestosteroneand progesterone, which might provide support for males affected by hormone imbalances.
- L-Arginine: Men suffering from erectile dysfunction have been found to have benefited from the use of L-Arginine supplements. Much like Viagra, (Sildenafil Citrate) studies have found that this drug’s ability to behave as a precursor to the synthesis of nitric oxide, can help in the relaxation of muscles surrounding the genital organ, and thereby boost flow. While Viagra works by obstructing an enzyme that destroy nitric oxide, L-Arginine contributes to the formation of nitric oxide.