5 Healthy Tips for Celiac Disease Awareness Month
Celiac Disease is estimated to affect 1 in 133 persons in Canada according to the Canadian Celiac Association. Join us in bringing awareness to Celiac Disease and gluten-free with these healthy tips.
Tips for Gluten-Free Living:
- Avoid gluten by consuming more whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, meats, and eggs, and learn more about the gluten-free products we carry on a complimentary store tour! Some of our favourite gluten-free brands include El Peto, Glutino, Namaste, Enjoy Life, O’Dough’s, Udi’s, and Pamela’s along with many more.
- Gluten can be unexpectedly found in products like shampoos, body lotions, and lip balms. Look for gluten-free whole body care brands like Curelle, Green Beaver, Desert Essence, and Sappho Organics in-store.
- Experiment with gluten-free baking using an all-purpose gluten-free flour such as Bob’s Red Mill. Also, Ricki Heller’s new cookbook Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free: 100 Allergy Friendly Vegan Desserts is full of great recipes and can be found in-store in our book section! And remember to check out our guide to gluten-free grains.
- Challenge yourself and your family to a week of gluten-free eating. Check out our website for gluten-free recipe ideas and more tips for avoiding gluten and going gluten-free.
- Try some of the delicious gluten-free recipes included in this newsletter.
If you have any tips for going gluten-free that you would like to share, leave us a comment below.