Two Newmarket Team Members Test Positive for COVID-19
As an essential service, we play an important role in the communities we are proud to serve and are doing all we can to create the safest work and shopping environment possible during the pandemic. This includes transparent and ongoing communication regarding positive COVID
cases at any of our locations.
Two team members at the Nature’s Emporium Newmarket location have tested positive for COVID-19 and are at home recovering. The first employee felt unwell while at work on Friday, March 19th and was sent home upon informing management. They have not been at the store since. Their COVID-19 test results came back positive on Tuesday, March 23rd. The second employee tested positive on Wednesday, March 31st and has not been at work since Friday, March 26th. Both cases are a result of outside community spread and are unrelated to one another. Due to the nature of their work, these cases pose no risk to the public.
Any employees who were in close contact with the affected team members have been sent home to quarantine and monitor symptoms. For more information about close contact quarantine guidelines outlined by Ontario Public Health, click here. The Newmarket location was deep cleaned and professionally sanitized after both cases were reported.
As case numbers continue to fluctuate across the province, we continue to encourage everyone to do everything we can to keep everyone safe:
- Maintain a physical distance: Please remember to keep a safe distance from each other while shopping – at least 2 metres apart.
- Masks are mandatory. Please remember to keep your face mask on at all times inside the store. If you are unable to wear a face mask or covering, we encourage you to take advantage of our personal shopping or our curbside pick-up services.
- Sanitize your hands. Please remember to sanitize your hands prior to entering the store. We have sanitization stations set up at each entrance.
- Are you experiencing symptoms? Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please have a friend or family member shop for you. Some of the symptoms of COVID-19 include the below:
- New onset of cough or worsening chronic cough
- Muscle aches and tiredness
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Runny nose, nasal congestion (without other known cause)
- Sore throat
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Chills, headaches
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Abdominal pain
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Have you been in contact with someone who has travelled internationally or tested positive for COVID? If the answer is yes to any of these, please refrain from leaving your home to shop in order to help prevent the potential spread of the virus.