Maple & Woodbridge COVID-19 Update
As an essential service, we play an important role in the communities we are proud to serve and are doing all we can to create the safest work and shopping environment possible during the pandemic. This includes transparent and ongoing communication regarding positive COVID cases at any of our locations.
Two team members of our team have tested positive for COVID-19 due to community spread and are at home recovering.
The first employee is part of our Woodbridge team. Their last day of work was Saturday, April 3, and they began experiencing symptoms on Wednesday, April 7. Their exposure was traced back to Monday, April 5 and resulted from community spread of the virus. They were not at work during the incubation period, and they have not been to the store since their last day of work. After a thorough investigation, no other team members have been identified as having close contact. Due to the nature of this team member’s work, this positive COVID case does not pose a health risk to any of our customers.
The second employee is a member of our Maple team. Their last day of work was Tuesday, April 6 and their COVID-19 test result returned positive on Sunday, April 11. This positive case is a result of community spread of the virus. After a thorough investigation, only one other team member was identified as coming in close contact with the first employee and was sent home to get tested and to isolate. This team member’s test results have come back negative, but they will finish the remainder of their 14-day quarantine. Due to the nature of the affected employee’s work, this positive COVID case does not pose a health risk to any of our customers or anyone else on the team.
As case numbers continue to fluctuate across the province, we continue to encourage everyone to do everything we can to keep everyone safe:
- Maintain a physical distance: Please remember to keep a safe distance from each other while shopping – at least 2 metres apart.
- Mask policy: Please remember to keep your face mask on at all times inside the store. If you cannot wear a face mask or cover, we encourage you to take advantage of our personal shopping and curbside pick-up services.
- Hand sanitization: Please remember to sanitize your hands before entering the store. We have sanitization stations set up at each entrance.
- Are you experiencing symptoms? Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please have a friend or family member shop for you. Some of the symptoms of COVID-19 include the below:
- New onset of cough or worsening chronic cough
- Muscle aches and tiredness
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Runny nose, nasal congestion (without other known cause)
- Sore throat
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Chills, headaches
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Abdominal pain
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)