Nature’s Emporium Maple closed until May 25th due to COVID-19
To our valued customers,
We have temporarily closed our Maple location at 2535 Major MacKenzie Drive until Monday, May 25th. The closure is due to recent events that have occurred related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Monday, May 4th, we received notification from a Maple location team member that they tested positive for COVID-19, our first case. After feeling unwell on Friday, May 1st, this person left work that afternoon. Out of an abundance of caution, we had our Maple location professionally sanitized following the employee’s departure as they had exhibited COVID-19 symptoms. We contacted York Region Public Health immediately with details of our response plan. The Public Health officials advised that our Maple location was safe to remain open.
On Thursday, May 7th, we received confirmation from York Region Public Health that this case came back as positive. On the same day, we received confirmation from two more employees at the Maple location that they had tested positive for the virus.
As a result of these events, we decided to temporarily close our Maple location so that all of our team members can self-quarantine for 14 days. This decision is a precautionary measure and to ensure the ceasing of any potential spread through contact at this location.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to shift in our communities and our business, we remain committed to taking the necessary steps to keep our team and you – our customers, safe. Everyone’s health and safety has been and continues to be our top priority. We are working closely with York Region Public Health. We will continue to follow their direction on how to proceed and what next steps we should and can be taking.
We want to ensure you that we have taken careful and immediate action since the first report of a COVID case at our store, including:
- Following the guidance of health officials at York Region Public Health and remaining in contact with them as they continue to assess the situation and determine any next steps
- Ongoing communication and updates to you as developments (if any) come to the surface
- The Maple location was thoroughly and professionally disinfected immediately after the first case was suspected
These steps are in addition to the added health and safety protocols that we have established in response to the pandemic, including:
- Ongoing and regular sanitization of commonly touched areas at all of our locations
- Ongoing monitoring of our team’s health and wellness to ensure those exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms stay home from work
- Customer entrance screening in-effect at all locations to ensure those exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have travelled within the last 14 days do not enter the store
- Online ordering with contactless curbside pick-up at all locations to minimize in-store traffic
- Free grocery delivery to seniors to help minimize their exposure and risk
- Minimizing the number of customers allowed inside to ensure all shoppers have the ability and space to maintain the recommended 6-ft distance
- Protective barriers installed at all locations where customers may have to interact with our team members (i.e. cashiers, counters, etc.)
- Hand sanitizer dispensers installed at the entrance of all locations
- Distancing floor decals installed at each store to remind everyone to keep 6-ft apart
- No cash payments accepted for the time being
- No reusable bags accepted for the time being
During this temporary closure, if you regularly shopped at our Maple store, we invite you to visit our Woodbridge location located at 8401 Weston Road or any of our other two locations listed below:
- Nature’s Emporium Newmarket – 16655 Yonge Street
- Nature’s Emporium Burlington – 2180 Itabashi Way
We are also offering online ordering and curbside pick-up at these locations.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding, especially during this challenging and extraordinary time.
We am sure you have questions and comments about this. We have tried our best to provide as much information as possible and hope to answer most of your questions here.
Please join us in wishing our team members a speedy recovery.