Position Description - Meat Clerk
Are you interested in helping others Eat Well & Live Better, as a team member in our family-run Health Food Markets?
We are looking for people with a passion for natural and organic foods with the drive to work hard, help the team and deliver an excellent customer experience!
Nature’s Emporium is a family owned, fast-growing company that believes in promoting from within. We offer excellent benefits and the opportunity to learn in a wellness-focused environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing responsive, exceptional service to meat counter customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests.
- Recommending, slicing, weighing, packaging, and pricing of meats
- Updating displays, cases, and other customer-facing areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased.
- Ensuring that work areas are ready to service customers by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing trash, and confirming that tools are in working order.
- Following all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the company and other regulatory agencies.
- Cooperating with others to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Confirming that all displays, products, and services comply with company standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to lift heavy items, ranging from 25 to 50 lbs, and operate equipment, such as meat and cheese slicers, scales, cash registers, etc.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and math skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow all company procedures and regulations regarding food handling and sanitation.
- A courteous and efficient approach to handling customer requests, questions, and complaints.
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Previous meat handling experience
Join a Holistic Nutritionist on a FREE Store Tour!
Our team of Registered Holistic Nutritionists On-Duty will help you make the most of your visit to Nature's. Your free 1-on-1 store tour includes helpful nutrition tips, dietary advice for those dealing with food sensitivities, plus the inside scoop on must-try products!