If you’re anything like most families, leftovers from a big holiday meal always end up in your refrigerator. Don’t let any of them go to waste! Save yourself and those leftovers with these three recipes. They take your leftovers and transform them into something delicious. You’ll never look at leftovers the same way again!
Leftover Stuffing Bites
- 4 cups Nature’s Emporium Stuffing (or your own homemade), chopped into bitesize pieces
- 1 Nature's Emporium Egg
- ½ tsp A.Vogel Herbamare® Original `
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Nature's Emporium Chicken Broth
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese (or vegan parmesan-style) shredded
- 1-2 tbsp parmesan cheese (or vegan parmesan-style) grated
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg, salt, pepper, broth, shredded and the grated cheese together in a mixing bowl.
- Once fully combined, add stuffing and coat thoroughly with wet ingredients.
- Form into small bitesized balls and place on parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown (depending on the size).
- Remove & serve with leftover cranberry sauce. Enjoy!
Leftover Turkey Shepherd’s Pie
- 4 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots finely chopped
- ½ cup peas leftover or frozen, cook if frozen
- 3 cup leftover turkey chopped
- 1 cup Nature's Emporium Organic Turkey Gravy save some extra to put on top
- 1 ½ tbsp parsley fresh
- 2 tsp thyme fresg
- ½ tsp A.Vogel Herbamare® Original
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups Nature's Emporium Organic Mashed Potatoes
- Place a skillet over medium heat and heat the avocado oil.
- Add the onion, 1 clove of garlic, celery and carrots. Cook over low-medium heat until the vegetables have softened (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add turkey, gravy, peas, parsley and the thyme to the skillet. Cook until gravy begins to bubble (about 5-10 minutes).
- While the mixture is cooking, preheat the oven to 400° F. Mix together mashed potatoes, garlic, A.Vogel Herbamare® Original, and the pepper.
- Transfer the meat and vegetable mixture into a 9×9" inch casserole dish. Spread evenly.
- Spread the mashed potatoes evenly over top of the meat and vegetable mixture. Place it in the oven for approximately 30 minutes (or until the mashed potatoes begin to brown).
- Remove and serve immediately with extra gravy drizzled on top.
Panettone Bread Pudding
- ½ cup raisins soaked in water or orange juice
- 3 Nature's Emporium Eggs lightly beaten
- 3/8 cup grassfed butter or dairy-free margarine
- 1 lb panettone cut into thick slices
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Nature's Emporium Cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup Nature's Emporium Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 ¼ cup Silk Coconut Milk
- 1 ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- Soak the raisins with water or orange juice and let sit aside for 20 minutes to rehydrate.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and butter both sides of each slice of the panettone using ¼ cup of the butter. Place buttered bread slices on heated skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, coconut sugar, cinnamon, canned coconut milk, silk coconut milk and the vanilla extract.
- Grease a 9×13" inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Cut the panettone into 2” cubes and evenly space into a baking sheet.
- Drain the raisins and scatter over top panettone, followed by the egg and coconut mixture. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. When ready to bake, cut 2 tablespoons of butter into small pieces and scatter over the top the bread pudding.
- Place the baking dish on the middle rack and bake for 35 minutes until golden and set.
More from #ThrivingWithNatures
It’s hard to believe that the May long weekend is…Read More