This holiday season, we’re thinking outside the cookie dough! Our team of nutrition and dessert experts created three new holiday dessert recipes! These take holiday flavours to the next level!
If you’re not up to baking or just don’t have the time, don’t worry! All of our stores will be fully stocked with plenty of dessert options for you to pick up and enjoy.
Get all the delicious details on how to whip up a Kid’s Candy Cane Trifle, Mini Egg Nog Pies, and Chocolate Pomegranate Bark!
Kid’s Candy Cane Trifle
- 12 Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Creme Filled Cookies quartered
- 1 ½ cups Dandies Peppermint Marshmallows
- 1 can Thai Kitchen Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp Flora Beet Crystals
- 2 tbsp Sweet Organics Candy Canes crushed
- In a saucepan, melt marshmallows with ½ can of the coconut milk over low heat until combined. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, salt, peppermint extract, and beet crystals.
- Cool for approximately 30 minutes, stirring regularly throughout this time.
- While the marshmallow mixture is cooling, make coconut cream using a hand beater orstand mixer with the remaining can.
- Mix the crushed candy cane of crushed candy cane into the marshmallow mixture and fold in coconut cream.
- Layer the trifle into your favourite festive glasses, starting with cookies, then coconut peppermint filling, a few marshmallows and repeat!
Mini Dairy-Free Eggnog Pies
- 12 Molly B's Mini Ready to Bake Tart Shells
- 1 tbsp Go Bio Gelatin
- ¼ cup water cold
- ⅓ cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener Sugar Substitute
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Nature's Emporium Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Simply Organic Nutmeg
- 2 cups Earth's Own Almond Milk Eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk warm back to a liquid consistency if cold and solid
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Nature's Emporium Ground Cinnamon sprinkled
- Preheat the oven to 325° F and par-bake the tart shells for 15 minutes, then remove to cool. They need to be completely cool before filling.
- In a small bowl, mix together the gelatin and water and sit for 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine Lakanto, corn starch powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and eggnog, and bring to a boil. It may have small clumps, but they will dissolve while stirring and simmering.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for approximately 2 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Stir in gelatin water mixture until it is dissolved and remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, stir in vanilla and almond extract, and pour in coconut milk.
- Pour into crusts and refrigerate until firm.
Chocolate Pomegranate Bark
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips `
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup Nature's Emporium Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp Nature's Emporium Chia Seeds
- Cover an 18"x13" baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in a glass bowl on top of a saucepan over low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour chocolate onto parchment paper and spread into a thick layer.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, and chia seeds on top of the melted chocolate. Do not mix into the chocolate. Otherwise, the chocolate will not set as pomegranate seeds are too wet.
- Place in the refrigerator until it hardens. Chop into smaller pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
More from #ThrivingWithNatures
Feeling a little stressed lately? Since the current circumstances shifted…Read More
Sandwiches – our easiest to-go meal. With all the required…Read More