Nature’s Emporium announces contactless shopping and Front-line Appreciation Pay in response to COVID-19 pandemic
To our valued customers,
Today, we officially announced our #CrushTheCurveAtNECurb contactless shopping program as well as our Front-Line Appreciation Pay commitment.
As the COVID-19 situation in Ontario continues to shift, we are implementing our curb-side program along with additional safety measures and precautions to help flatten the curve and stop the spread of the virus.
As an essential part of the community, we believe it is our duty and responsibility to do what we can to ensure the health and safety of our team, our customers, and your families. By providing a contactless shopping experience, we are helping minimize the potential spread of the virus and are supporting our health and government officials’ calls and reminders for social distancing.
Providing team members and customers a safe and healthy place to work and shop has been, and continues to be, a top priority for Nature’s Emporium. The curbside pick-up program allows shoppers to safely acquire the food and health and wellness items they need while practicing social distancing.
#CrushTheCurveAtNECurb – How does it work?
- Place an order using the online form at www.naturesemporium.com/order-pickup
- Select a desired pick-up date, time, and location (Burlington, Maple, Newmarket, Woodbridge)
- Payment is made at check-out with credit card
- Provide vehicle details (make, model, colour, license plate)
- On the date and time of grocery pick-up, a team member will carry the order out to the lot to meet you at the curb
- Open your trunk for the order to be loaded-in, ensuring a contactless hand-off
Nature’s Emporium is reminding customers who have returned from travel, who have any symptoms of COVID-19, or have tested positive for COVID-19 to remain quarantined at home and as a result, may not use the #CrushTheCurveAtNECurb program. Customers who are clear to leave home and use the program are asked to stay in their vehicle when picking up groceries. If customers must exit, they are reminded to stay at least 6 feet away from others.
Front-line appreciation pay
We recognize that Canadians are looking to companies like ours now more than ever as a pillar of support. Today, we announced that we will temporarily increase compensation for all staff by $2.00 per hour.
It is important for us to make sure the dedication and commitment of our team does not go unrecognized. We are grateful to have such an amazing network of staff and it goes without saying that their continued commitment to serving our customers is an act of service and bravery. They have all been working very hard to support each of the communities we serve during this crisis and we want to recognize the important contributions they are making.
Store Updates – Hours of Operation and Additional Safety Measures
During this unprecedented time, we have made several operational changes to step-up our health and safety standards.
Effective Wednesday, March 25th
- All juice bars will be closed in all Nature’s Emporium locations until further notice
- All locations go completely cashless
- Social distancing floor guides provided for in-store shoppers – the company has taped off the appropriate distance (2 metres) where customers may form a line
- Ongoing sanitation of carts and baskets
- All customers provided with hand sanitizer and/or gloves (both latex and non-latex) to use during their visit
- No longer accepting returns on milk and yogurt bottles until further notice
- No longer accepting mugs, jars, and reusable bags from home until further notice
- Compostable shopping bags will be provided at no cost to customers for their groceries until further notice
We are also installing protective barriers at every cash and supplement counter beginning this week.
Effective Monday, March 30th
Our hours of operation will change at all Nature’s Emporium locations:
- Open from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. exclusively for senior citizens (60 years and over) and at-risk customers
- Open 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for the general public
We are doing all we can to help in the fight against this pandemic. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.