Our top priority is the health and safety of our team and customers. Here you may find all the latest information. We all in this together and need to do our part to help each other.
We are continually monitoring the situation surrounding the pandemic and making regular updates to our company's policies. This page allows us to provide you with an understanding of how we are handling the circumstances around coronavirus.
COVID-19: Store Policies
COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, we require all customers to wear a mask of face covering when shopping in any of our locations, without exemption.</p.
We are aware that some of our customers are unable to wear a mask or face covering due to medical reasons and we are happy to accommodate these individuals as stated in the Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) with our alternative shopping services:
- Curbside pickup
- Personal shopping
Yes. We have implemented this policy without exemption or discrimination to help protect our team and community at large.
We offer alternative ways for our customers to shop at our stores - personal shopping service, curbside pickup, and home delivery. We are also open to any other option to which we can mutually agree.
We understand that people may have medical reasons preventing them from wearing a mask or face covering. This is why we offer alternative ways for our customers to shop at our stores - personal shopping service, curbside pickup, and home delivery. We are also open to any other option to which we can mutually agree.
We believe that customers with existing medical conditions who cannot keep themselves protected by wearing a mask are better off using our alternative services rather than exposing themselves and potentially contracting the virus. Everyone’s safety during this challenging time is our top priority.
We have consulted with our human rights lawyer on this and we are in complete compliance with the guidance provided by the OHRC.
The OHRC clearly states that it is our duty as a business to provide accommodations so that all members of the community can have access to our products and services. These accommodations include personal shopping service, curbside pickup, and home delivery. We are also open to any other option to which we can mutually agree.
You may find more information about the OHRC’s position here.
Our mandatory mask policy is in place to protect the health and wellness of our team, customers, and the communities we serve. As an essential service, we understand that we play an vital role in many households and therefore, have created various alternatives for our products and services to be accessed by those who are unable to abide by our policy.
In addition, our team members have rights and we, as employers, have obligations to our workers’ health and safety under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
We are not accepting any returns at the moment and apologize for any inconvenience.
The wellbeing and safety of our team and customers, has been and will always be our top priority.
We have implemented the following health and safety protocols in response to this pandemic, including:
- One-way shopping aisles
- Ongoing and regular sanitization of commonly touched areas at all of our locations
- Ongoing monitoring of our team’s health and wellness to ensure those exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms stay home from work
- Customer entrance screening in-effect at all locations to ensure those exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms do not enter the store (our curb-side program is offered to these customers to ensure they are able to attain what they need)
- Online ordering with contactless curb-side pick-up at all locations to minimize in-store traffic
- Free grocery delivery to seniors to help minimize their exposure and risk
- Minimizing number of customers allowed inside at all of our locations to ensure all shoppers have the ability and space to maintain the recommended six (6) feet distance
- Protective barriers installed at all locations where customers may have to interact with our team members (i.e. cashiers, counters, etc.)
- Hand sanitizer dispensers installed at the entrance of all locations
- Distancing guides placed at each store to remind everyone to keep six (6) feet apart