The Run or Walk for Southlake Regional Health Centre Presented By Nature’s Emporium Returns for its Second Year.
Newmarket, ON – April 11, 2014: On April 27, 2014 the Run or Walk for Southlake Regional Health Centre presented by Nature’s Emporium will return for another successful year. The 2013 event raised $226,000 in support of Southlake Regional Health Centre – a full service hospital located in Newmarket, Ontario that serves an area from southern York Region to Muskoka. Southlake provides a full spectrum of patient services including renowned cancer, cardiac, and chronic disease care facilities, diagnostic imaging services, and an emergency department that provides emergency care to approximately 73,000 patients each year.
Additional information about the Run or Walk for Southlake Presented by Nature’s Emporium:
- In 2013 1,460 participants, including 88 teams, crossed the finish line and thousands of spectators were present to show their community spirit.
- The event welcomes participants of all ages and skill levels.
- In 2013 participants ranged from 3 to 80 years of age.
- The run features 2.5K, 5K, and 10K routes as well as a mini-mile for children. Routes can be found here.
- Participants can run individually, as teams, or on corporately sponsored teams.
Money raised by the Run or Walk for Southlake Presented by Nature’s Emporium will be directed towards the following programs at Southlake regional Health Centre which have been identified as urgent priorities.
- Rebuilding Southlake’s diagnostic imaging services
- Building the regional cancer program
- Cardiac care
- Urgently needed medical equipment, technology, and instruments such as portable ultrasound machines, wheelchairs, from precision surgical tools, IV poles and more
Additionally, Nature’s Emporium has announced the start of their annual ‘Southlake Shoe Sale’ at their retail locations in both Newmarket and Vaughan. Customers will have the opportunity to support the run directly by purchasing their ‘Support Shoes’, which will be displayed in-store. 100% of the proceeds from this ‘Shoe Sale’ will be directed to this year’s Run for Southlake.
Nature’s Emporium encourages all community members to join in and help in the creation a healthier community by signing up for the 2014 Run or Walk for Southlake Regional Health Centre presented by Nature’s Emporium at runforsouthlake.ca.