Featured Recipe: Quick Curry Chicken Sandwich
Quick Curried Chicken Sandwich
Skip the fast food and get a head start on this easy to prepare and bold flavoured sandwich by a cooking an extra chicken breast at dinner. Overall, this sandwich is a great choice for men who are looking to protect themselves from prostate and colon cancer, improve their cardiovascular health as well as the health of their digestive tract, and lower their cholesterol.This sandwich is a great choice for lunch at work since it is high in protein while low in fat, calories, and sodium.
We recommend using pasture-raised chicken which usually has higher nutrient quality than other varieties. We should also note that all B vitamins, which are great for your cardiovascular health, are present in chicken – including vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, folate, biotin, and choline. Additionally, this recipe features cranberries, which can help lower LDL cholesterol, raise HDL cholesterol (the good kind), and provide anti-inflammatory benefits for the cardiovascular system and for many parts of the digestive tract including the mouth, gums, stomach, and colon. This recipe also features almonds, which are high in magnesium that help blood vessels relax, lower blood pressure, and improve the flow of blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout the body. Last, but certain not least, spinach has been shown to provide significant protection against aggressive forms of prostate cancer.
Makes 2 servings.
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) low-fat yogourt or vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) dried cranberries or raisins, chopped
- 2 buns (split) or 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) toasted slivered almonds or green pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- 6 oz (170 g) cooked pasture-raised chicken, sliced or coarsely chopped
- Stir yogourt with curry and raisins. Spread on both sides of buns or bread.
- Sprinkle nuts over bottom halves.
- Pile on spinach, then top with chicken and remaining bun half or bread slice. Serve cold or slightly warm.
Each serving contains:
286 calories; 23 g protein; 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat); 37 g carbohydrates; 6 g fibre; 326 mg sodium
Leave a Comment