California Couscous Bowl
Carb up before a big workout with this nutrient packed, mineral-rich, California-inspired bowl and enjoy the flavours of the west coast.
Course Main Course
Cuisine California, Vegan
Prep Time 30 minutes minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes minutes
Total Time 40 minutes minutes
Servings 4 Bowls
- 2 1/3 Cups Couscous (+ 3 Cups Water & Salt to Taste)
- ½ Cup Organic Sunflower Microgreens
- ¼ Cup Cilantro Microgreens
- 1 Large Organic Avocado (Sliced Thinly, Divided in Quarters)
- ½ Cup Organic Cucumber (Halved Lengthwise and Sliced Thinly)
- Organic Green Onion (Sliced Thinly on the Bias)
- Organic Grape Tomatoes (Halved or Quartered)
- 1 Pack Sophie’s Kitchen Shrimp (Cooked According to Box Instructions) (250g)
- ¼ Cup Avocado Oil
- ¼ Cup Organic Lemon Juice (1 Lemon)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Nectar
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 Clove Organic Garlic (Minced)
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
In a medium pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil, season and stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to 4 serving bowls.
Prep the remaining bowl ingredients and arrange on top of the couscous.
Whisk all of the dressing ingredients and pour on top of each bowl evenly.