Featured Recipe: Tandoori Chickpea Pizza (Dairy free, Vegan)
Freshly baked, with just the right amount of heat, this Vegan, dairy-free pizza adds a unique and tasty flare to your favourite Friday fare - dig in!
Servings 8 Slices
- 1 “Nature’s Emporium” Spelt Crust (Gluten Free Crust Can Be Substituted)
- 1 Cup “Guru” Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 tbsp “Arvinda” Tandoori Masala
- 1 Can “Eden” Organic Chickpeas (398mL)
- 2 Cups Organic Cauliflower (Roughly Chopped)
- 0.5 Medium Organic Red Onion (Sliced)
- 200 Grams “Earth Island” Vegan Cream Cheese
- 0.25 Cup Fresh Cilantro (Minced)
- 3 tbsp “Mason D’Orphee” Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Preheat your oven to 450F
Sauté you onions, cauliflower and chickpeas in coconut oil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add ½ cup of vegan butter chicken sauce and “Arvinda” Tandoori Masala and cook for another 2 minutes.
Stretch out your pizza dough onto a greased pizza baking tray, top with the remaining ½ cup of butter chicken sauce, your sautéed chickpeas, cauliflower and onion mix and dollops of vegan cream cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes and top with fresh cilantro before serving.
Each Serving Contains:
165 calories; 7 g protein; 7 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 22 g total carbohydrates (3 g of sugar); 130 mg sodium