Featured Recipe: Maple Pecan Oatmeal (Dairy Free, Vegan)
This classic combination of flavours will satisfy that morning oatmeal craving, sweetened with diabetic-friendly xylitol.
Servings 2 Servings
- 1 Cup Organic Bulk Oats (Your Favorite Type)
- 1 Cup "Almond Breeze" Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- 1 Cup Water
- 0.5 Cup “Nature’s Hollow” Sugar-Free Maple Flavoured Syrup (Or to Taste)
- 0.5 Cup Organic Pecan Pieces
- 0.5 tsp "Simply Organic" Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
Bring the almond milk and water to a boil, add the remaining ingredients and combine well.
Simmer over low heat until oats are fully cooked (time is dependent on which type you choose).
Each Serving Contains:
428 calories; 9 g protein; 25 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 52 g total carbohydrates (10 g of xylitol sugar alcohol); 80 mg sodium