Featured Recipe: Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Packed with protein, these delicious gluten free, dairy free, pancakes are sure to get your day started right!
Servings 4 Pancakes
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Flax Meal
- 2 tsp Baking Powder (Aluminum Free)
- 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp “Canadian Heritage Organics” Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp "Simply Organic" Vanilla Extract
- 0.33 Cup Fresh Organic, Fairtrade Bananas (Mashed Up)
- 1 Cup "Almond Breeze" Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- 0.25 Cup “Enjoy Life” Chocolate Chips
- 3 Packs “Garden of Life” Vanilla Protein Powder (23g/ea)
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 0.25 Cup Organic Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp "Almond Breeze" Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp “Canadian Heritage Organics” Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of Vanilla Powder
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, vanilla powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, banana and milk and gradually whisk into the dry ingredients.
Cook the pancakes over medium heat, on a lightly greased non-stick pan, measuring ½ cup for each, for about 2 minutes on each side, covered.
Blend all of the sauce ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and layer between or pour over pancakes and enjoy!
Pancakes - Each Serving Contains:
302 calories; 16 g protein; 6 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 47 g total carbohydrates (15 g of sugar); 337 mg sodium
Peanut Butter Sauce - Each Serving Contains:
134 calories; 5 g protein; 8 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 14 g total carbohydrates (11 g of sugar); 10 mg sodium