Grandpa’s Ghoulish Dentures offer a Kid-Friendly, Fermented Protein Packed, Vegan and Gluten-Free Halloween Treat – featuring Genuine Health’s Fermented Vegan Protein!
Halloween is here – a time when all the spooky little ghasts and ghouls emerge to reign for a night of laughs and delight – with seldom a healthy bite in sight.
Indeed, Halloween can be a spooky time for parents looking to share the simple joys of Halloween while avoiding ghastly GMOs, food additives and creepy chemicals we’d all sooner avoid.
Fortunately, this month’s featured Kid-Friendly Halloween Recipe – created by our in-house Vegan Chef and resident ‘Count of Kale‘ – has none of the above.
Enjoy these chewy, melt-in-your mouth, cream-filled folded cookies – featuring pure, naturally delicious ingredients, and an extra kick of the world’s first fermented vegan protein, courtesy of our friends at Genuine Health!
Featured Halloween Recipe: Grandpa’s Ghoulish Dentures
- 1 Cup Nature’s Almond Flour
- 0.5 Cup “Artisana” Almond Butter
- 0.5 Cup “Lundberg” Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- 0.25 Cup “Enjoy Life” Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp “Frontier” Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Pack Fresh “Driscoll’s” Raspberries (170g)
- 2 Packs Genuine Health Fermented Vegan Protein (29.5g /ea)
- 0.25 Cup "Nutiva" Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1.5 Cup “Dandies” Vegan Mini Marshmallows
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F.
- In a bowl, combine all of the cookie ingredients thoroughly.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet making 6 cookies, leaving enough room between each cookie as they will expand while baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes (or 8 for a softer cookie) and allow to cool on a cooling rack before assembling.
- In a high speed blender, combine all of the “Gums” ingredients until smooth and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until spreadable.
- Cut each cookie in half, smear with “Gums” spread on both halves and decorate with marshmallow “Teeth” on one half only.
- Sandwich together and enjoy with your kids!