Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Makes 8 cups
This adaptation of the traditional classic is loaded with parsley and cilantro, which are great agents in detoxification. The high contents of fiber can also help with toxin release from the body.
- 1 cup “GoGo” quinoa (dry)
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cups Parsley (minced)
- ½ cup cilantro (minced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 cup cucumber (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup red onion (minced)
- 2 tbsp “Flora” organic flax seed oil
- 2 tbsp “Sarafino” extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp “Filsinger’s” apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp “Frontier” cumin
- 2 tsp “Frontier” coriander powder
- ¼ tsp “Frontier” cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp “Redmond’s Real” sea salt or to taste
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and bring water to a boil.
- Add quinoa to water and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once quinoa is fully cooled, add it to the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Eat the tabbuleh on it’s own, or as a side dish!
Each Serving (1 Cup) Contains:
157 calories; 4 g protein; 9 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 17 g total carbohydrates (Only 2 g of sugar!); 254 mg sodium