Featured Recipe: Creamy Cauliflower Leek Soup (Dairy Free, Vegan)
A great way to reduce starch in a dish is to replace potatoes with cauliflower! You will love the way that substitution tastes in this delicious comforting soup!
Servings: 8 People
- 1 Large Organic Cauliflower (Cut Into Small Florets)
- 2 Large Organic Leeks (Thoroughly Cleaned and Diced)
- 1 Large Organic White Onion (Diced)
- 3 tbsp "Sarafino" Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Cups Water
Savoury Cashew Cream
- 2 Cups Organic Raw Cashews
- 3 Organic Garlic Cloves
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- In a large soup pot, over medium heat, sauté leeks and onions in olive oil for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- In a high speed blender combine the cashew cream ingredients and add them to the pot with the addition of 3 cups of water and simmer for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is fully cooked.
- Carefully transfer the soup in batches to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively use an immersion blender and enjoy as a lower carb alternative to potato – leek soup!
Each Serving Contains: 297 calories; 14 g protein; 19 g total fat (0 g trans fat); 23g total carbohydrates (6g of sugar); 33mg sodium (without added salt)