The holiday season is here again! We have created three easy, healthy and festive recipes for you to enjoy this season. Baked Cranberry Brie Sourdough Bread Bowl, Avocado Shrimp Sweet Potato Bites and Honey Garlic Turkey Meatballs!
Baked Cranberry Brie Sourdough Bread Bowl
- 1 De La Terre Bakery Caraway + Rye Sourdough round loaf, or choose your favourite flavour
- 1 Nature’s Emporium Double Cream Brie
- ¼ cup Nature’s Emporium Cranberry Sauce
- ⅓ cup pistachios crushed
- 1 tbsp Nature’s Emporium Raw Honey melted. Use 2 tbsp for sweeter.
- 1 tbsp rosemary fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp Nature’s Emporium Olive Oil
- 1 pinch A.Vogel Herbamare® Original
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and place the sourdough bread loaf on a baking tray.
- Cut the top quarter off the bread and set aside. Use the brie wheel to measure a circle in the middle of the sourdough loaf, carefully trace a circle around it and scoop out this middle portion of the bread.
- Make slices around the outside edge of the bread (about 1-1.5 inches apart), making sure not to cut all the way to the bottom.
- Brush the hollowed-out center you have created with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut off just the top part of the rind on the brie and place the brie wheel in the hollowed-out center.
- Spoon the cranberry sauce over the brie.
- Mix the crushed pistachios, rosemary and honey and spoon on top of the cranberry sauce.
- Put the top of the bread back on and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
Avocado Shrimp Sweet Potato Bites
- 1 lb organic shrimp raw, deveined, peeled, remove tails
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp A.Vogel Herbamare® Original
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh
- 1 tbsp lime juice frshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil divided into 1 tbsp portions
- 1 package Nature’s Emporium Guacamole
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp Nature’s Emporium Olive Oil
- 1 tsp A.Vogel Herbamare® Original
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 package broccoli srpouts or curly parsley for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 425° F and prepare a lined baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into ¼ inch rounds. In a mixing bowl, combine the rounds with olive oil, salt and pepper. Coat thoroughly.
- Place the rounds on a baking sheet, making sure they do not overlap.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10 minutes until golden and tender.
- While baking, prepare the shrimp by placing them in a large mixing bowl. Add the garlic, paprika, chili powder, Herbamare, black pepper, parsley, lime juice and 1 tbsp of the avocado oil.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add in the remaining 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Place shrimp in skillet and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
- To assemble the bites, pipe or spoon guacamole on top of a sweet potato round, followed by a shrimp and top with broccoli sprouts or curly parsley for decor. Repeat this process until all your rounds and shrimp are used.
- Place on a serving platter. Enjoy!
Honey Garlic Turkey Meatballs
- 2 packages Yorkshire Valley Frozen Turkey Meatballs
- ½ cup Nature’s Emporium Raw Honey
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3-4 tbsp coconut sugar
- ⅝ cup Nature’s Emporium Ketchup
- 3 tbsp Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
- In a large bowl, mix the honey, garlic, coconut sugar, ketchup and coconut aminos.
- Add the frozen meatballs and coat thoroughly with the sauce.
- Pour the meatballs and sauce into a crockpot and cover with a lid.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place a toothpick in the center and place it on a serving dish. Enjoy!
More from #ThrivingWithNatures
It’s 2021, yet the cliché about men neglecting their health…Read More
Victoria Day is when we unofficially kick-off of the summer!…Read More